Webring

Powered by WebRing.

Sunday 20 May 2018

Sniffer Dog Oakley at Your Service!

I LIKE today! I've only workywalkiesded a tiny bit and that was this evening when it was a bit cooler and we went to a church (we normally do that in the morning but today was different).

The rest of the day has been taken up with TWO freeruns. This included TWO dips in the same lovely stream. Perfect cooling - and good bigshake splattering too! Heehee! The first freerun was through a big huge enormous field with a track for humans to plod along, I found myself a great toy! It was a wonderful stick! Mummy says it was half a tree and I am not supposed to play with sticks, so she wouldn't throw it for me. She says that would be dangerous and really not a good idea. I did my best to drag it along but it was a bit too big. I nearly succeeded in a good hefty thwack on her back legs but she heard it coming and managed to dodge out of the way! Humph!

After that, we went to the human yummyery opposite our mooring. There, we found Debbi and Ryan! Yayyyyy! The only minor disappointment was that I wasn't allowed to give Ryan my usual enthusiastic greeting. Apparently having a soggy belly makes for unwelcome cuddles! Oh well.... It was nice to snooze on the grass under the table while the humans did loads and loads of yacketying and noshing. The nice ladyworkyhuman there brought me a lovely big bowl of water and she had doggy biccies to offer too! She asked Mummy's permission to feed me and I had to sit like a good boy first but I got a lovely big crunchy biccie!

After that, it seemed that Mummy, Daddy, Debbi and Ryan needed to go walkies to 'work their meals down'. Well..... I couldn't complain about that opportunity could I? Another freerun through that same field! Yayy!

In the old pointy church this evening, I got to be a sniffer dog! There was a really interesting smell. The humans all thought it was disgusting. I would have simply loved to have been able to get to it for a good roll, but I couldn't! Apparently some little squeaky furry thing has started to rot under the floorboards somewhere and they can't find where. Mummy asked me 'where is it, Oaks? Show me. Find it'. Well, I had a good sniff around. There was one particular spot that I really wanted to get to. That delectable eau-du-dead-beastie was really enticing. Mummy led me to a slightly different place and said 'Is it here?' 'Find it'. I sniffed and sniffed and sniffed but my nose led me right back to 'that' spot again. It was great fun doing that and apparently it meant I was a really good and clever boy for helping them to know which floorboards they might need to lift up. I do like to be helpful!

2 photos:
One of me with my little twig I found to play with on my freerun.

Me workywalkiesing Mummy along the towpath on the way home after church this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment