Webring

Powered by WebRing.

Saturday 19 May 2018

Daddy Barkday!

Mmmm....Chillylickycrunch!

A lazy start to the day - just a cruisin and a snoozin on the back deck. No locks. No team towpath. We moored up after just a short while and then went workywalkies. A little way along the towpath and over a bridge, then up a steep slope narrow twitten. I recognised where we were going! We've been here before. Mummy says it is called Braunston. It is where floatyboatyhome came from.

When we got to the top of the twitten and onto the road, Mummy and Daddy were unsure which way to go. They couldn't remember. Mummy said 'OK, let's see if you remember, Oaks. Find the butcher'. Of course I remembered! Straight up the road and turn right. After a short while the pawment gets too narrow, so we have to cross over, then back again a little further on - and straight to the door of that mouth-watering array of yummies behind windows! I think Mummy was a tad impressed! She even asked for some marrowbones for me but they didn't have any! Harrumph!

Next came the challenge; 'OK then smartypants, find the Co-Op'. Well that was no challenge at all. It was just across the road! Easy Peasy!

A trip around the shop to get some other human noshies, and we were outside again. 'Find home, Oakie'. I was not impressed with that idea! We had only been out a short while! I registered my disappointment with a firm deployment of severe ploddypaws mode! It worked! Daddy got out his talkybone and apparently it told him a different route. That was much better! We turned around and headed off down another road, then through another twitten, then across a field. I didn't get to freerun. Mummy said she needed me. I didn't mind. It was good to be exploring.

When we did get back home, Mummy opened the big white chillycupboard and I got a chillylickycrunch treat! Mummy said she had hoped it would keep me occupied for a good hour or so. Well that was a daft hope wasn't it! How could I leave all those yummy bits trapped inside that cold crunchy stuff? They all needed urgent rescue!

'MuckyPup' was then my new name. It would seem that I wasn't supposed to leave chunks of that cold crunchy stuff all over the floor! But.... but.... but.... I was saving that for later! I could have had it after I took Daddy for another walkies to the shop with all the floatyboatyhome medicines and toys in it.

When we got back from there, Daddy disappeared into the big den of the growling monster that lives under the back deck. When he came out he had big splodges of me-colour all over him. Apparently that was his task for the day - and today is his waggy barkday too! It seems he is very very old today!


Photo shows me licking at my 'ice lolly' - a green tray with chunks of carrot, peas and doggy treats frozen into water.

No comments:

Post a Comment