Webring

Powered by WebRing.

Thursday 5 April 2018

Fun... for a while!


Wide open space.
Puppy playpals.
Al fresco grooming.
Long dark scary tubes.
Locks.
Snooze cruise.
and back to an old home again.

The day started with a fantabulous freerun exploring a new part of our big 'garden' at BumbleHole Nature Reserve. Oodles of wide open space to run and romp and sniff and play. I found a super tumble-buddy in the form of a young puppy called Ruby. She is an American Bulldog crossed with several unknowns. She was great fun for a little while of playtime!

When we got back to floatyboatyhome, Mum got me to 'hup' onto a bench seat and she launched a serious groom-attack on me. She said the featherballs will benefit from the 'half a dog' that she removed from my coat.

We then went for a cruise. Most of it was lovely - just snooze-cruising on the back deck, but then floatyboatyhome got swallowed up into a long dark scary tube. I don't like these (Mum is not keen either). I found safety under the table and only ventured back out when it got light again outside! This happened THREE times! Ugh!

Nine locks to work, and a workywalkies along the towpath helped to make Mum and me both to recover. The flight of six locks at the end of our journey took longer than normal and involved a lot of to-ing and fro-ing and lots and lots of Mum's windy-uppy-windy-downy stuff with that strange bent stick thing she uses. There was a lot of water gushing and rushing down too. When we arrived there was just bare mud in between the locks. All of this gushing and rushing and windy-upping seemed to fill up the big mudbaths with water so Daddy could chug floatyboatyhome up to the top.

During all of this, I found another puppy to play with; this time a bouncy border collie. We could only do a bit of bouncy play though as he was on lead. It is always good to meet and greet a pup though!

Now floatyboatyhome is back where we were a week or so ago. The place with the bouncy floor outside. While Mummy was doing her usual domesticals (stroking the floor etc), I took Daddy to fetch a parcel. He did something really weird: He started to run! Not a fast run, but it was so unexpected! It was fun though.....for a while.....but....I was a tad tired.......I managed to disuade him from running for too long!

Now it seems that my cozy bed has grabbed me and is holding me down.....and won't let go......zzzzzzzzz

2 photos: 
 
Me standing in the middle of a huge green open space with treees in the background. I was trying to work out which way to zoomy first!

Me and puppy Ruby playing.


No comments:

Post a Comment