Webring

Powered by WebRing.

Thursday 15 February 2018

Water, Water Everywhere!


4 miles three times, 13 locks, a lot of water and some admirers. That about sums up today.

Team Towpath in action, doing what we do best: Me guiding Mummy to 'find the beam', then waiting while she does all that windy-uppy-windy-downy-pushy-pully stuff, then on to 'find the next beam'.......

Actually, I did it with Daddy first (but I didn't have to guide him - it was just a leisurely wander). He didn't do the pushy-pully bit with the big lock gates. He just did a lot of windy-upping. The big puddles between the locks were empty at first, but it seems that Daddy's windy-upping filled them up - and up - and up! So much so that some of them overflowed and the towpath disappeared! I somehow think that wasn't supposed to happen! Oops!

Before setting off with Mummy I had to wait and watch while Mummy and Daddy both played with a long stick with a shiny claw on the end. They were using it to pull all sorts of things out of the water; big bits of trees, bags, bottles, cans, coconuts, human paw-covers, a load of other rubbish and, the best bits; two balls that I got to play with! One was a little mouth-sized one that I lost when it went back into the water and down a big hole under the wall, and a big squishy football that went pop when I sank my fangs into it. That was great fun to shake and kill!

At the very last lock, we met some minihumans and their big humans. They all gave me nice fusses and the minihumans went for a ride down the lock aboard our floatyboatyhome while I looked after Mummy doing the heavywork with the gates. They were nice minihumans (not very mini really) and they seemed to have very happy up-at-the-corners mouths after their ride!

I had my dinner while we were still cruising along aboard floatyboatyhome, but soon afterwards, Daddy moored us up and one of my fans came aboard to give me fusses. It was lovely to meet you Bobby Randall. Sorry I made your knee a bit wet and sorry I couldn't keep my head up for long. It was very heavy after all that working today!

2 photos:
 
Team Towpath in action - me guiding Mum along the towpath under a bridge.

Greeting admirers at our last lock.

No comments:

Post a Comment