Webring

Powered by WebRing.

Thursday 22 February 2018

Crunchy Clouds to Hoover!


Training! I think I like this training! I'm not quite sure who is training who though; It seems that I am training Mum on the walking thing. Today, in total, we have walked more than the tenkay we will be doing in Brighton. Mum says we simply have to get the time down. She says this should be achievable if she can train me to stop faffing! How rude! I don't faff! I simply need to twirl many times and sniff and twirl and sniff an twirl ...... before finding exactly the right spot for a doggy download. It seems that she also considers essential sniffs and weemails to be faffing too!

It seems to go something like this:
Workywalkies going smoothly
Sharp downward lunge in harness stops Mum very effectively
'Oi! Head up' 'Get on'
Grab a split-second last sniff then get on
'Good boy'
Yummy

Now, I think I am getting the idea: I need to 'suggest' a sniff point is coming up, then Mum tells me 'Leave it'. I snatch a quick hint of a sniff but then I do leave it and 'head up' and 'get on'. Then I get a 'Good boy' yummy......

Now, I seem to remember from Puppyhood that, after a while, when they think I have learned the right thing to do and forgotten the wrong behaviour, the yummies supply starts to dry up and all I get is the 'good boy' for a while, before even that fizzles out into just normal, expected behaviour. Soooooo......I need to string this out for as long as possible.......Mum says she is determined to get wise to my sneeky sniffings and learn to anticipate them in order to prevent them......I simply have to find a way to stay at least one paw ahead of her in this strategy.......

This morning's workywalkies was great though - it included a brief but very welcome freerun! I took Mummy along the towpath to the little park we found last time we were in this area. It would have been so rude to walk past and not visit for a good zoomies session!

This afternoon's workywalkies was very different to that: Daddy came too and we went into town and then into one of those big noisy rooms with lots of seats, a wall with moving pictures on it and oodles of little crunchy clouds to hoover!

Photo is of me in the park, standing for a brief moment between zoomies, with a big expanse fo grass around and a big posh-looking building in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment