Webring

Powered by WebRing.

Monday 18 September 2017

Parp Pellets!


Home again. Back aboard our floatyboatyhome with the hotbox glowing and all cozy.

Wow! What a day it has been though!

A lazy start in the humankennelblock. I had to wake Mum and Dad up because I was busting for a weeeeeeeeee.......I thought I was never going to get to put my leg back down again! Phew!

Then we got into the car with all our stuff (me in my car-bra all safely clipped in but enjoying the luxury of riding high on the back seat!) and set off for a longish drive. Then we stopped at a big green place. Mum says it was called Worrick but the squiggles say Warwick. Much more important than the name was the meetygreety opportunities! I had to guide Mum around a bit of road, over a bridge and through a big parkyplace. There were loads of humans there. Some of them were wearing peculiar fursubstitutes and got into strange long pointy floatyboats with beastie heads on the front. The humans all had big stick things that they dipped in and out of the water and heaved to move along. There was lots of bangbangbanging and loud humanbarks going on while they did this. Dad says it was somethng called Dragon Boat Racing. Me? I just did my job and then got very very happy when we found an open area of green the other side of all the goings-on. Mum took off my harness and lead and gave that lovely command 'Go play'! Yippeeeee! I may have gone just a tad loopy for a moment or two! Well..... big space like that just demands big zoomies and wet grass simply HAS to be rolled around on! Heehee!

Better still was yet to come: I found a buddy to play with! A black lab x retriever called Kes. There was an instant magic between us. Of course, we dogs knew this but the humans had to do some yacketying to establish why! It was because we both have similar origins. Kes was a Guide Dog puppy who didn't get to do the job. He had poorly skin problems so couldn't go to be a life-changer for a blind / VI human. instead he has become a lifechanger for his forever family - just by being a super canine buddy to them! We had a fab few minutes of playing chase together. It is always special to find a colleague to play with.

After this bit of frivolity, it was time to be harnessed up again to guide Mum back through the crowds. I had to work quite hard weaving in and out of all the humanlegs. I even had to veer off the path a few times and take Mum around on the grass at the side. We did good though! We made it! And Oh! Was it so worth it?!! I found some more colleagues! No less than three ex-GuideDog Puppy Mummydogs. All yellow labradors. I didn't get to play but I simply HAD to guide Mum over to say hello. Of course, this meant that human yacketying ensued but that was fine; it gave us pooches chance to kanoodle!

Sadly, we couldn't kanoodle for very long as we had to head off back to the car for the next bit of our journey. This ended at Debbi and Ryan's house - the one with the hugenormous garden! Woohooo! I didn't get to enjoy the garden until after a workywalkies to a human yummyery. This was with Debbi and Ryan plus Rosie and James and little microhuman Hallie. Hallie sat in a little seat on sticks - that meant it was obvious where I needed to be! I do like those little green balls that microhumans seem to find so difficult to grasp with their front paws! Heehee! Mum says they are parp-pellets! I simply did my hoovering duty to the best of my ability. Well, it would have been so inconsiderate to leave all that yumminess to get squished into the carpet!

The workywalkies back was fun. I was, of course, guiding Mum but we were at the back of the group walking along the pavement. Little Hallie was walking along with a sort of lead and harness attached to her, not dissimilar to mine! She was finding every little puddle on the pavement and stomping her back paws to make a splash. Apparently this was utterly hilarious to her!

Back at Debbi and Ryan's house, I got to enjoy a great time playing with Ryan in the garden. Then I got my dinner - in a green bowl that belongs to the hissing furballs! I hope I don't start meowing now!



2 photos - one of me standing face to face with Kes on the wet green grass. Kes is a Lab x retriever - slightly bigger than me. We were poised ready to play a great game of chase!
The other pic is of me in harness greeting the three golden lab girlies. Willow in the foreground is very distinctive with her little black patch by one ear.

No comments:

Post a Comment