Webring

Powered by WebRing.

Wednesday 27 September 2017

Double Greetings and Train Rides.


Well! Life certainly never gets predictable in Oakleyworld!

Tonight we are in Papa's home in this place called Shoreham. It is really odd though: I have inspected every inch of the place and can't find Papa anywhere! It is just Mum and Dad and me! Maybe this explains why Mum has been glued to her talkybone so much over the last few days. Mum says we will see him tomorrow. She says he has to have something called an operation. I hope it isn't the same operation I had to have when I was little!

We started off with a nice leisurely morning, including a little workywalkies - just Mum and me on brand new territory! Then we all went walkies, called at humanfriends James and Hazel's floatyboatyhome, and then, with them, into town to a human yummyery. I got to hoover a delectable and fairly decent sized munch from under the table. Mum says I had better not get used to liking pizza!

Then it was back to floatyboatyhome and bag packing. I supervised Mum while she scooped a big lot of my food nuggets into a big box. That went safely into the big bag! Then we set off to the train station; a shortish workywalkies away. Three train journeys later, with workywalkieses in between at the stations, and we had a soggy workywalkies to Papa's home.

The highlight of all of this was meeting a Guide Dog colleague at Oxford Station before we got onto our first train. Tex, the yellow Labrador was trying to get to me but his Mum was telling him to 'get on'. I was only semi on duty though; my harness handle was lying on my back while Mum and I were waiting for Dad to get tickets. I squeaked to Tex, and our respective Mums got the message and let us greet. Yesssss!

On the last train, there was a nice ladyhuman called Sophie in a big high wheelieseat. She and Mum did a whole lot of yacketying - lots of it about me! I got a lovely fuss from her.


Photo shows me and Tex meeting at the station.

No comments:

Post a Comment