Webring

Powered by WebRing.

Sunday 18 June 2017

Silly Mummy...


Oooh! I do SO love living here! Wherever I go - for workywalkies or to the car for an outing, I get a big freerun on the way! It is the ONLY way to get across this huge park!

This morning, Mum was so daft! She really thought she could get me across the park without getting wet! Such a silly thought! I lulled her nicely into a false sense of security - I didn't go into the river on the slopydownramp behind our floatyboatyhome. I trotted gently across the field towards the bridge and just as Mum was getting ready to spoil my fun by harnessing me up, I managed to slip neatly between the bushes and into the stream that runs behind them! Heehee! Oooooh! It was lovely and cool! Just delightful after that jaunt across the field!

It was so hot today that I was almost dry by the time we arrived at church. That gave me a nice cool snooze under the chairs while they did all that humanhowling and yacketying.

Then, of course, there was the freerun back across the field to floatyboatyhome again. This time, I simply HAD to go down the slopydownramp. Well, I was hot after jogging back across the park.....and I am a Labrador......and that water just lured me in.......I couldn't help it........Oooooooohhhhh! It was lovely!

I then went into hiding after a little while. Humanfriends Chris and Sally arrived and Daddy got a blue domething off the roof, filled it with black blocks and then made it all stinkyhuffy. Then he put sausages and other delectables on its cagetop and then put the lid on. Well...delectables or not - I wasn't going to hang around that scary stinky thing! I snoozed at the back of floatyboatyhome where it was coolest.

After the stinkyhuff had stopped huffing I got brave and ventured back out again. It was worth the bravery! I may just have got there in good time to do some washing up! Mum was too slow telling me to 'leave it'. I was already on the job! It seems that stinkyhuffer had made those delectables even delectabler! Well, if humans are daft enough to leave some then it would be so wrong for it to go to waste wouldn't it? It seems that I like something called gammon rind and also lambbones. They didn't leave any sausages for me though - meanies!

I got my dinner al-fresco too. I'm sure it was smaller than usual.....

This evening, I took another lovely dip - well I had to! Mum was doing her daftness stuff again - throwing my toys into the river so I had to go rescue them! Over and over and over again.....

Then I took Daddy for a walkies to dry me off. Well, that was a daft idea too! When we got back, my doggybuddy Jimmy arrived again. That could only mean one thing had to be done: More swimming! Yippee! There now appears to be a very soggy towel hanging in our bowdeck.......

Heeheee! Heehee! Heehee! Silly Mummy.......

No comments:

Post a Comment