Webring

Powered by WebRing.

Tuesday 4 August 2015

Big Cars and Hall Marks

Pheweee! What a day!

First of all I had to endure the torture of human breakfast in the hotel - bacon, sausages, eggs..... All I got was a puddle between my front paws as I dutifully laid down beside the table! Huff!

Next, I guided Mum on a walk from the hotel to Granny and Grandpa's flat, while Dad took the car. There was lots of waiting around once we got there, broken up with a harness walk around the block. (Well, a dog has to do what a dog has to do!). Mum did something very strange: she got a funny sort of pointed table out, laid fur-substitutes on it and then stroked them with a hissing pointed box. Most odd! I got out of the way!
Then, there was a bit of a flurry of activity when everybody changed their fur-substitutes. Mum put my tie around my neck and my harness. Then we all went downstairs and got into a very big black car. There was another black car there too, with a box and lots of flowers in it. I jumped into the back with Mum and got up to sit beside her. Well, I thought as I was wearing a tie, like the other men, then I should copy them! It seems I was wrong! I had to get down and squish on the floor between Mum's legs. That was OK though; I got to rest my chin on Mum's knee all the way!

When we stopped, we were at a big place with LOOOOOOAAAADS of flowers around, and LOOOOOOAAAADS of humans too. We got out of the big car and I found most of my favourite people: Debbi, Rosie, Ryan, Nanny, Papa....... But somehow, it didn't seem to be an entirely happy meeting. I just knew I had to be on my bestest behaviour.

After a little bit of waiting around, we all went into a big room, following some men carrying the big box on their shoulders. Everyone sat down on chairs and there was some talkystuff going on at the front, as well as some human howling. Debbi was in a kind of cage tickling the black and white teeth on a noise box called an organ. I had to give some very special wags, snuggles and licks to Mum and Rosie. They both had very leaky eyes! Lots of people had leaky eyes but I couldn't get to all of them!

The big car then took us to a big building called Hallmark Hotel, where we all went into a big room with big tables and chairs and some delicious hoovering duty! Well, I couldn't possibly leave all those crumbs for a poor person to have to clear up could I?!?!

I took Rosie and Ryan for a bit of a walk during the afternoon, and then, when it was all finished, and lots of goodbyes had been said, I walked Mum and Dad back to Granny and Grandpa's flat, where my starvation was alleviated with my dinner.

I sat for a while working things out. I stared at Grandpa's chair. He is missing! I think that is why eyes have been leaking! I just had to concentrate on giving my loves to Granny and everyone else! I think I managed it! Well, I gave Granny my bestest, gentlest, politest paws when she asked for them when she had a big juicy carrot for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment