Webring

Powered by WebRing.

Wednesday 29 July 2015

Shopping, Stripping and Snoozing

I've had to work today - guiding Mum all by myself around town, with nobody else to tag along. Dad and Debbi stayed on the boat while I took Mum to town. We went into a place called 'the bank'. There were two lovely ladies just inside the door who greeted us and made a lovely fuss of me (after asking Mum's permission first). One of them asked Mum if she could help her and Mum handed her a few floppy rectangles and some other flat things. This lady went off and did whatever it was she needed to do with those things. This left me in charge of getting some super fuss and admiration from the other lady. I think I like that bank place!

After that, I guided Mum all the way across town to Sainsbury's. We did get a few edibles on the way out but first, we went upstairs to where there were loads of human fur-substitutes everywhere. I had to stand and wait loads while Mum scanned around to find things she liked. Then she took a load of items and we had to find something called a fitting room. We were shown into a tiny room (apparently it was the big cubicle especially for disabled people). It was just big enough for me to curl up in the corner while Mum stripped off her own fur-substitutes and put the new ones on and off again. I realy didn't understand what that was all about. I did manage though, with one swift whap of my tail, to swipe Mum's own fur-substitutes onto the floor. That gave me a much more comfortable bed to snuggle down onto!

I must have done a good job of working today. Mum said, as we set out this morning, that she was going to work on my discipline and get in some good working practice. I proved to her that we needed no extra discipline or practice. I just got on with my job! Well......maybe she did need to remind me a couple of times that I am not supposed to sniff while I'm working - but there was some very important news on some lampposts and corners that just HAD to be checked out! I have to make sure there are no enemies around!

When we returned to the boat, I was glad to snooze for the afternoon before taking Dad out for a much needed walkies. He needs to be dragged away from his clicketyfingers toy for what he calls a screen break. I am always very happy to oblige!

No comments:

Post a Comment