Webring

Powered by WebRing.

Tuesday 7 July 2015

Day 4 - Tuesday 7 July

4 miles, 2 locks and 4 swingbridges.
 
Total so far 17 miles. 8 locks. 7 swingbridges.

We did set off earlier this morning. The sky leaked and then the big hot football appeared and made us hot. I got to greet a few doggy pals on the way - including a black labrador like me (well almost like me - but a girlie so she had one bit missing!) called Molly and a snorting bulldog whose name I didn't bother to find out! I just wanted to play! Of course, I wasn't allowed because I was in harness. Huff!

It was a good walk though and Mum was pleased with me. A couple of the swingbridges were a bit unnerving - they bounced and boinged and clanged as we walked on them! Four paws, of course, are good though and I just spread out my legs into a kind of starshape and we kept on going!

We did have to stop and wait for Dad to catch us up with the boat at one point. We waited under a big bridge to shelter from the leaky sky. Mum just popped aboard the boat while I waited with Dad. Apparently Mum needed a wee! I don't know why she can't just cock her leg and water the bushes or trees like I do!

Another strange bit of human behaviour came at the end of today's walk. We got back aboard the boat, once Dad had moored it up, and, despite having been out walking under a leaky sky all morning, Mum went straight into the warm rain box! We had only just got dried off! I stayed well away - enjoying a leisurely snooze on the back deck!

Now - Dad is doing some peely-choppy-slicy-stuff and I smell carrots.......I shall take up my dutiful place beside him to supervise and make sure the trimmings go in the right bowl.......

No comments:

Post a Comment