Webring

Powered by WebRing.

Thursday 16 July 2015

Day 13 - Thursday 16 July

5 miles, 9 locks, 2 swingbridges to Hungerford
Total so far 49.5 miles. 66 locks. 14 swingbridges
The day started off with a bit of a play with Monty and Basil, before we set off. The day ended with a bit of a play with Saffy, my new friend; a two-year-old red Working Cocker Spaniel. (I didn't see her doing any work though!). Oh....and I may just have had a few plays with Saffy at the locks along the way too! Heehee! I do like it when we share locks with another doggy boat!
In between times, I have had to work really hard for Mum. Today has been the most difficult of all so far on this MegaWalk. The towpath was REALLY narrow most of the way and it was REALLY REALLY overgrown with all sorts of beasty bushes. So, most of the way Mum has had my lead looped through my harness handle and we have been working in our 'Go Ahead' mode. Mum has found it much harder than I have because the ground was quite rough and difficult for two paws. But we did it! I kept Mum safe and we made it. We met some nice humans on the way too, who put shiny disks in the slot on the head of the doggy box.

Photo shows Me and Saffy sitting in front of Saffy's boat with Mum behind us
trying to get us both to pose for the one-eyed-clickybox.

No comments:

Post a Comment