Webring

Powered by WebRing.

Monday 6 July 2015

Day 1 - Saturday 4 July

Pheewwwyyyy! I am kn..... Very tired! Mum says I can't go sleep til I've updated you though. So.......
It has been a FAB day! There! Will that do? Can I go night night now? No! Oooooh..... All right then......

Well, actually, it really has been a fab day. It started with a trip to Sainsbury's, then a quiet time back aboard. Mum and Dad were flitting about doing what they called 'getting ready'. They put a big flappy thing on the roof of the boat, and some strings of little triangular flappy things along each side. Next, we set off for a brief cruise. We didn't get far though. Dad soon realized that tge big flappy thing on the roof wouldn't fit under the bridge! Oops! So we pulled over to the side of the river and Mum kept it still by holding onto a chain against the wall. Dad then climbed up into the roof and took down this flappy thing called a banner. The cruise resumed. We didn't go far - just around the corner and back. We turned around when we came to a huge V-shaped noisy frothy tumbly sploshy place. I don't think the boat could have gone up those steps

Upon return to our mooring, more of that 'getting ready' stuff went on. The flappy banner was fastened onto the side of tge boat and the flappy triangles fiddled, twiddled and adjusted. A bit of clicketyfingersing went on and a few other bits and bobs. Then we set off to Green Park. Well! That was good enough for me in itself, but, when we got there, I found a fabulous friend: A German Shepherd x Rottie named Harley. His humans were snoozing in the park with blankets and bags. Mum got yacketying with them while Harley and I had a great game of chase. Then another bonus! A fellow Guide Dog appeared! Now that really was a treat! Her name is Dusty and she us a German Shepherd x Golden Retriever and she is gorgeous! She is also very fast and great fun! So, we ended up with a three-way massive fun game of chase

After an exhausting time of exuberant freerun fun, a lady called Sarah came along too. She was wearing familiar fur-substitute; Guide Dogs uniform! I thought she might be one of those Obey-Me-Or-Else humans. I was wrong (phew!). She is something called a Fundraiser. That meant that Dusty and I could carry on being loonies! Heehee

All good things come to an end and this was no exception! Our humans put our harnesses on us and we were back into work mode. We walked along the towpath to our boat, stopped for some one-eyed-clickybox stuff, then we were off! The MEGAWALK began! Dusty came with us (as well as the humans) to the first lock, then it was just Mum and me - and Dad driving the boat

It has been a superb day! 5 miles, 6 locks and 3 twirly-roundly-bridges. Along the way, I have had ooooooodles of fusses and admiration. (Quite rightly, especially after Mum gave me a super grooming session this morning, including a shammy-gleam and teeth-tickling with a yummy minty whiskerstick). We did a lot of stopping while Mum yacketyyacked with looooooaads of other humans. It seems that lots of people knew about our MegaWalk. Lots of people gave Mum those shiny disks and/or the flat rectangles that seem to be so very important in the human world

When we were working the locks, Dad gave us both drinks if water. It was very hot, so we were glad of those. As we passed one boat, a man came out and called us back. He insisted on giving Mum and Dad a yummy each. They were those pointy bottomed crunchy things with the white cold stuff on top. By this time, it was getting way past my dinner time. My tumbly was rumblying. Mummy loves me though! She gave me the pointy end bit of her yummy, and it had a bit of the cold white stuff in it! Shhhhhh! Don't tell anyone! Guide a Dogs are not supposed to have naughties like that! I wuv you, Mummy

As soon as we got to a place where Dad could get the boat in close to the bank, we stopped for a few moments so I could have my proper dinner! I felt better after that and we finished our walk for the day at a slightly brighter pace

I still found the energy for a bit of a play with a couple of passing doggy pals while Dad was mooring up, but I have to admit that I am struggling to keep my head up this evening!
Now pleeeeease may I go slee......zzzzzzzzz


The water steps in Bath that the boat couldn't climb.

Photo shows Pulteny Weir in Bath, taken, looking down the length of the boat. The flower boxes on the boat roof are visible. The weir is a huge V-shape of white water cascDing down three big steps. There are lots of white featherballs that Dad says are called gulls all standing along the top of the weir. There are huge sandy coloured buildings all around.


One-eyed-clickybox session before we set off. This is Dusty.

Photo shows Mum and me bedside the boat along with Dusty (GSD x GR) and her human man. Both dogs in harness. Dusty looking at camera, me looking lovingly at Dusty. The boat is all draped up with flappy banner and little flappy triangles.


Checking up on Dad in the lock.

Photo of my head, peering over the lock wall, taken from below.

Meeting my admiring fans along the way. Mum in her blue Guide Dogs fur-substitute top, holding my lead. My harness handle is lying along my back. I am greeting a Rottweiler lurcher while Mum is yacketying to his two humans, by a lock beam.
Mum with her yummy.
Photo of Mum, taken across the top of the boat called the Dawdling Dairy. Mum is holding her crunchy thing with cold white stuff on it. There is a big sign on top of the boat telling humans to moor and eat. I am standing beside Mum gazing along the towpath.
Taking a break after my (late) dinner.

Photo shows me lying in the cool grass while Mum is drinking a glass of water and yacketying to a man on a wheeliewizzer. He didn't wizz very fast though!


Greeting another admirer at a swing bridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment